UB GSE - Counseling, School & Educational Psychology
Counseling Minor - Application for Admission
Graduate School of Education
Counseling, School & Educational Psychology
409 Baldy Hall, Buffalo, NY 14260
Phone: (716) 645-2484; Fax: (716) 645-6616
Completing and submitting the following Counseling Minor - Application for Admissions implies understanding of and agreement with the following information.
Details about the 18 credit hour Undergraduate Counseling Minor can be found at the GSE web page at http://ed.buffalo.edu/counseling/academics/minor.html
Some courses for the Minor are currently only offered online.
Requirements to Apply
- Students must have an overall UB GPA of at least 2.5 (for transfer students, this must include at least one semester of UB courses as a full-time, matriculated student). - Completed at least 30 credit hours at the time of application, at least 12 of which must be from UB - All prerequisite courses should be completed or in progress when applying for the minor -Students must submit this application.
- Students complete this application and submit it electronically - CSEP reviews this application and makes a determination regarding admissions. - Via email, CSEP notifies students of the admission decision.
Enrollment and Conferral
- Enrollment in the counseling minor will be verified via email from CSEP. In order to include the counseling minor as part of the undergraduate degree, students must have been admitted to the counseling minor prior to their application for degree, must include the counseling minor in their application for degree (for questions regarding the application for degree, students should consult their undergraduate advisor), and must successfully meet the requirements of the counseling minor, which includes successful completion (grade of C or better) of the required and elective courses.
- Generally course substitutions are not permitted. For transfer students who may have already successfully completed equivalent courses at other institutions, course substitutions will be considered on a case-by-case basis. In order for CSEP to review requests for course substitutions, students must have been admitted to the counseling minor and must submit to CSEP relevant course information, such as the course syllabus and official transcript from the other institution. Course substitutions will not be permitted for current University at Buffalo students who wish to concurrently complete courses at other institutions. Students should expect that decisions regarding course substitutions will be rendered in no less than thirty days from the date that CSEP receives the request and all relevant course information.
- Admission to the counseling minor, continued enrollment in the counseling minor, and/or conferral of the counseling minor as part of the undergraduate degree may not be approved if a student demonstrates a lack of professionalism expected of those who are preparing to enter the counseling profession (for further information regarding these expectations, see the counseling minor website)
Current or Anticipated Major
Enter a number between
Anticipated Graduation Year
choose your year
Anticipated Graduation Semester
Address Line 2
State / Province / Region
Postal / Zip Code
Antigua and Barbuda
Bosnia and Herzegovina
British Indian Ocean Territory
Central African Republic
Democratic Republic of the Congo
Republic of the Congo
Papua New Guinea
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Sao Tome and Principe
Trinidad and Tobago
United Arab Emirates
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Virgin Islands, British
Virgin Islands, U.S.
PSY 101: General Psychology is a prerequisite for the Counseling Minor
I have already completed PSY 101
I am currently enrolled in PSY 101
I still need to take PSY 101
Please check all REQUIRED courses for the minor that you have successfully completed at the time of this application:
CEP 200: Introduction to the Counseling Professions (3)
CEP 401: Introduction to Counseling (3)
CEP 412: Diversity and Human Relations (3)
Please check all ELECTIVE courses for the minor that you have successfully completed at the time of this application: (6 credits required)
CEP 400: Educational Psychology (3)
CEP 404: Introduction to the Rehabilitation of Substance Abuse & Addiction (3)
CEP 410: Introduction to Grief & Loss (3)
CEP 453: Introduction to Rehabilitation (3)
CEP 202: Career Planning
I understand and agree with the Requirements to Apply
Do Not Fill This Out